Monday 5 March 2012

Yeast in the air? That's what you call gobsh*te!

I made new sourdough starter a couple of weeks ago, and the first batch of bread was a big success! My correspondence course is coming near to the end, and I can't wait to do something creative in my spare time for a change. I can't wait, so I didn't wait, and that's why I re-started sourdough baking. I still have one more essay to write, though!

Anyway, here is one BIG myth about sourdough that I have been wanting to tell the world: FLOUR AND WATER MIXTURE DOES NOT BECOME SOURDOUGH STARTER BY CATCHING YEAST IN THE AIR, BUT IT SIMPLY FERMENTS BY ITSELF!!!

Want a proof? Mix water and flour to make a small ball of firm dough and place it in an airtight container. Then, leave it in a warm place for a few days. You WILL see something going on in the dough. That's how I created my own starter, you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment