Tuesday 14 June 2011

I've been quiet recently, but...

... it's been bit tougher than usual recently.

First, my contract with an Indian company ended in mid May. They said that this was due to the stabilization of their business with Japan and they were currently focusing on getting more clients from other Asian countries. So, they had now very few job for me and they had no reason to keep me. They also said that the end of the contract did not mean good-bye, and they would get in touch with me when any suitable projects came up in future. It would be nice if I can work for them now and again, but I don't wait for them, though. I've been doing some little jobs on the net (nothing illegal or filthy, don't worry!) while trying to find new clients.

So, it means I have less income. Pity. But what can I do? I'll just keep looking and keep trying. But one good thing: the house and the gardens are bit tidier (miracle!) and I have a time for baking and writing. Seems that the creative part of my brain has been switched on again, which is nice. I have been baking sourdough loaves one a week, and cook more variety of dishes. I even have a time to sit with my girls in the evening. Lovely.

So, I've had a few moments of proper quality time with my girls. After a barbecue with my girl and my wee one's friend, A, on one Friday, 3 of us decided the next day to go for a long walk to the cemetery where their granny and granda were buried. I had promised that we would walk to the cemetery (about 40 min on foot?) last summer because the last visit was when my girls were toddlers. But with the bad weather and my workload, I couldn't keep the promise. But it was a gorgeous day on that Saturday and we enjoyed the walk. We had such a nice time that we decided to repeat it on another fine Saturday so that we can tidy and the family grave.

On the way home from the cemetery, we bravely went inside of a halal shop and found quite many nice Asian food stuff including baklava. Glad that we have one more favourite shop in the town.

Must go and make a dough for tomorrow's bread baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment