Wednesday 9 March 2011

Still tired, but...

... I'm surviving alright.

Still stressed and tired. But life goes on. Actually I don't remember many of the things that happened since the last time I wrote. But let me remember...

Misery.
Yes, the file that stars Cathy Bates. We watched the DVD on Saturday night. I had forgotten quite many little details, so I could enjoy it as if watching a new film. My girls loved it, even though my wee one needed to sleep in my bed afterwards.

I'm a teacher now.
No, no, not a proper one, of course. I have no diploma/licence to teach. But I was asked to help a young local man learn Japanese, and we had a lesson at a cafe in the town, which went quite well. When he asked, he offered to pay. So, I agreed. No, I didn't say "Yes" because of money. I mean, I was glad that he was serious about learning. Actually I always wanted to do this kind of job, and I liked teaching English to school kids as a part time job when I was a student. So, it's a good opportunity for me. He is a friendly kind of person (well, he wouldn't ask for lessons if he was too shy, surely), and easy to chat with. I hope that he doesn't mind me being not very patriotic.

Do you buy frozen food during lunch break?
On a frozen food aisle in Tesco, spotted one of the butchers whom I sometimes chit-chatted with. Never expected him in the supermarket during that time of the day, so I thought that he wasn't working that day. Said "Hello" and a bit more to him when walking past him, and his answer was "No, it's my lunch break. But this is not my lunch". No, I did not ask him if the boxes of frozen products were for his lunch. Those must have been for his family. But he sounded defensive enough to make me wonder why he wouldn't buy them after finishing the day's work. I never mentioned anything about what was in his basket, you know. I would have given some sort of remark if I had spotted a packet of bacon in his hand, of course.

My hair is popular.
Walking down a little lane in the town with my wee one this afternoon. We overtook a family with a cute little girl (probably 2-3 years old). Then, my wee one saw the girl staring at my hair and heard she said "I like her hair". This is the best compliment I've ever had! Yes, my hair is quite noticeable in the crowd, even though there are quite many red-haired women around recently. But a girl as young as her wouldn't say such a thing to flatter someone, you see. I know that many of my girls' friends like my hair, but this little girl put the biggest smile on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment