Friday 25 February 2011

So tired

It's Friday, and it's the only day that I have a bit of freedom this week. So, I'm determined to enjoy it. (But had a very bad start, arguing with my girls and getting myself upset before they left school, Typical me.)

Well, I was supposed to have an "ordinary" week, but my wee one hurt one of achilles' tendons on Sunday evening. She was limping badly and told me that she heard a loud snap when the accident happened. So, I called an taxi and took her to hospital on Monday morning. Fortunately the tendon wasn't torn. Just bruised. So, the nurse bandaged the foot, and we were out of the hospital in one hour. Very lucky.

But my wee one became ill with abdominal pain and fever later that day, and was crying with pain the next day. With the sore foot and the illness, she had been off school until yesterday and in my bed at night for nearly a week. I never had a decent sleep during that time, checking on her temperature, waking up when she was tossing and turning, and trying to hold on to the duvet.

Anyway, the whole week had passed like a storm, and I am physically and mentally battered, indeed. I'm not completely beaten, though. There were a few things to smile about, of course. Let me remember... oh, yes, I was directly told by a man on Saturday that I didn't need to buy food for dieting. And I made a big potful of pork-meatball soup (my girls love it), which my wee one asked for when she was very ill. I managed to get pork mince from the butcher's. Lucky, indeed, that he took a time and minced the meat for me when the shop was full of customers. Why he needed to tell me twice that he had to mince it for me is a mystery, though. Should I have told him "I'm eternally grateful to you" like the wee aliens in Toy Story?? Well, he has earn a few brownie points for the mince and "no need for dieting" remark, actually. He can be nice to me like that all the time if he wants. (Joking, joking.)

Now I guess I'd better go back to work. Or, should I go downstairs and have a very late breakfast?

No comments:

Post a Comment