Thursday 10 February 2011

Where can I get a worry-free time?

Having mildly stressing days recently. That's life, really. Apart from arguing with my girls and lack of time for relaxing, which are quite "normal" to me nowadays, here are what's going on:

The joints in the u-bend under the kitchen sink were leaking. I noticed it late at night when I was trying to unblock the drain pipe. So, phoned my landlord in the morning, and he came later on the same day. (He is the kindest landlord in this country, I'm 100% sure. His wife is a very lovely lady, too.) One of the joints' washers were broken, and another one had been replaced with something unrecognisable, so he came back the next day (= today) and sorted them out. BUT later I noticed a little leakage from one of the joint. (This is how lucky I am.) Instead of grabbing a phone, I examined the pipes, and realised that the gap between the 2 pipes at the joint were rather wide. So, I wrapped 2-3 rubber bands on and around the washer, which seems working. (It proves that I don't need a man in this house?!)

My landlord was telling me about his sister, who lives in my neighbourhood, while fixing the pipe. Her husband had been very ill. Then, this evening that my neighbour told me that the man had died this afternoon. My landlord's sister is one of my favourite people in this town. It's obvious that it won't be easy for her and her family. But I really really hope that she will get used to the new chapter of her life without much trouble. I might sound cold and cruel, but I really hope that people around her won't pressure her to feel and behave in a certain way. I mean, many people say beautiful things and shower good intentions out of their kindness. But sometimes they just keep the bereaved from starting new life and feeling OK about the future. Anyway, I will post a sympathy card tomorrow, so that she will know that we are thinking of her.

All these happened after arguing about summer holiday with my parents, and while my big girl was sick and my wee one went crazy about Benetton's 70% off sale. (She bought a skirt, a pair of shorts, a waistcoat and a turtle-neck top. I got a woolly hat and a scarf for my baby nephew.) So tired that probably I would fall for any man who makes me a cup of tea and sit beside me for a while. Well, not "any" man, actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment