Wednesday 13 April 2011

Cold, broadband and Mooncup

It's been quite a while since I wrote about myself here.

This week is quite stressful, thanks to myself not trying hard enough to recover from a cold that I had 2 weeks ago. Yes, "2 weeks" ago. But I mowed the lawn during the weekend when I felt the worst, and I did not take a day off during the week. So, I ended up having a cold sore when I started feeling better. Oh well. On top of that, I did not go to bed early for many nights, including the nights US Masters (golf) was on. But last night, I went to bed at 22:30 like a good girl, and today I have more energy! I hope that I will feel healthy again in a day or two.

It's quite annoying today, thanks to the broadband connection at home. While working away with a task, which required internet connection, my IE started loading at a snail's speed. Restarting the router did not fix it, and switching off everything (the laptop + the router) for a few minutes did not work, either. Strange that some pages get loaded quicker than the others. Anyway, my laptop says something about DNS (or something sounds like DNS),  and the internet started working normally while I was trying to google the problem. So, it's nothing to do with my laptop or router, I guess. Afterwards, the same problem happened again, but it was solved when I restarted the router. Broadband is working OK now, I'm quite stressed.

But one good thing.
(Caution! The following is about gynaecological stuff. So, if you are squeamish or if you become easily embarrassed/offended with this kind of topic, go to another page RIGHT NOW. )
I bought a thing called Mooncup from Boots a few days ago. It's a reusable silicon menstrual cup that women can use instead of sanitary towels and tampons. I remembered reading about it, and decided to give it a try, because it is eco-friendly and more hygienic than other sanitary products. I was skeptical about it first because almost all the testimonial and reviews sounded quite positive. But after reading an extremely bad (and stupid-sounding) review in amazon.co.uk, which must have been written by a person/company who felt Mooncup was a threat, I decided to give it a try. It's day 1 of using it now, and I feel great. Just insert a Mooncup inside you, and you don't feel anything! Taking it out and emptying the content can look gross to some people, but I have no problem with that. I feel clean all day and I'm happier than I expected. So far, so good. (I will write about this again in a week's time, to give a proper review.)

No comments:

Post a Comment